Trevor Runway #ThisIsMe Pride Fundraiser
- Hosted by the San Francisco Ambassadors of The Trevor Project
- Design & Decor: Twitter Events Staff & Blueprint Studios created a custom stage design & backdrop, and we partnered with them to curate a beautiful “orange carpet” (Trevor’s main color) VIP entrance for our guests and performers to make an entrance.
- Marketing: We named the event ‘Trevor Runway’ and came up with the theme #ThisIsMe to encourage our message of being proud to be your authentic self and help validate the feelings of the young LGBT youth Trevor Project serves. The event name ‘Trevor Runway’ can be re-purposed every year with a new theme to go along with the SF Pride. We also created custom cocktail names to go along with our theme.
- Performances by Misa Malone (Beach Blanket Babylon), Javier Ninja (Vogue dancer, House of Ninja, NYC), and the beautiful ladies of Asia SF & the hit TV docuseries “Transcendent”
- 450 guests
- Catering: Global Gourmet Catering
- DJ: Christopher B
- Photography: Scott Saraceno
- Balloons: SF Balloon Magic
All funds raised from the event benefited The Trevor Project, the nation’s leading suicide prevention nonprofit for LGBT youth. The event raised over $50,000!
#thisisme #thetrevorproject #sfpride
Facts about Teen Suicide:
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among young people ages 10 to 24.
- LGB youth are 4 times more likely, and questioning youth are 3 times more likely, to attempt suicide as their straight peers.
- Nearly half of young transgender people have seriously thought about taking their lives, and one quarter report having made a suicide attempt.
- 1 out of 6 students nationwide (grades 9-12) seriously considered suicide in the past year.
*Facts provided by The Trevor Project.
About The Trevor Project:
Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.
- , Trevor Runway (Aug 2016)